Thursday, December 11, 2014

AN AGENT FOR CHRISTMAS


Oh Wow!
Wouldn't it be awesome to get an agent for Christmas?


The very thought makes my day exciting. First thing this morning, I received two emails from the same awesome agent who I would dearly love to be represented by! Maybe I'll have wonderful news about this later . . .  fingers crossed.
Breathe, one, two, three . . . They asked about a submission, and then gracefully agreed to look at a recent total revamping of a picture book that I love too much to hide in a drawer.
Honestly, I've rewrote, rearranged and revised this book several times, not wanting to let go of the story or the MC which I adore. And when I close my eyes, I can actually become the little girl in the plot, struggling to uncover the curiosities that mysteriously surround her. And confound her.
I love the holidays, especially, Christmas! And now, this one will be totally cheerful and upbeat as I wait in hopes of hearing good agent news. I hope everyone has worked hard all year; writing, revising, reading and illustrating to improve on all of their projects.
Never give-up on your writing/illustrating projects. And if you love what you are doing, never stop pushing yourself to perfection. Practice does make perfect.
Please remember what makes the season bright, and what it is that warms our hearts year-round; family, friends and loved ones. If we have these, we have everything to be grateful for.
I hope everyone has a blessed and joyful Holiday Season!



I would like to say a special Merry Christmas to all my writing/illustrating friends! I hope you all have a very special Christmas and the Happiest of New Years!
P.S. I would love to hear from you:)

5 comments:

  1. Oh Sue, fingers crossed!!! How exciting! And the same to you, have a wonderful Christmas and a creative New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yvonne, thank you for taking time to comment! So sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you get the agent! Best wishes on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get the agent! Best wishes on tha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharalyn! Thanks for the comment and the wishes! I hope your holiday is bright too. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete