Saturday, September 20, 2014

BEING A BOOK NINJA



Zing, zing, zing! That's me pushing the submission button on my latest creative nonfiction. As much as I love my babies, and I truly excited about this one, it's always a relief when manuscript is finished and out the door. Yeah!

Ooooh, and guess what? My first nonfiction picture book RUN! RUN! RUN! The Amazing Story of Elizabeth Zane won an honorable mention at a contest at RateYourStory.com! Now it's time to push that submit button.

I'm researching agent wish lists and reading guidelines to make sure my  plotline jives perfectly with what agents and publishers are looking for because my story needs a new home.

I'm so thankful that I joined WOW, a critique group for nonfiction writers. I've learned sooo much! Thanks to WOW I'm now editing two nonfiction biography picture books for a six book series. And, I just completed a second draft of a science picture book about Mermaids. Now on to the editing stages to get it ready to kick out the door--what better way to begin a new week!


Last of all, because of all the research I've been doing, I have a ton of ideas for upcoming picture books. I'll just need to apply a few magical tools that I learned about in Jodell Sadler's Pacing to WOW class, and then I'm off to spin a few more stories!


Book Ninja--that's me!

No comments:

Post a Comment