Sunday, June 22, 2014

Motivate Yourself







  Anyone else taking the Mini WOW week challenge--writing seven nonfiction picture books in seven days?


The challenge isn't as easy as it looks. You have to have a complete (although, rough) first draft finished to qualify for each days drawing. Getting all the interesting details in the right order for the significant first draft is a super challenge. I love challenges, but I don't like losing.


So I decided to change my work space a bit for motivational purposes. Brightening the atmosphere by opening the window seemed to help today. With gallons of coffee of course. If you need motivated today listen to music, light a candle or brew a pot of tea. A short walk could do the trick. And you know what they say about smelling the roses? Sometimes something as simple as a smell can turn your whole day around!
I hope this helps you with your challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment