Saturday, March 15, 2014

Choose to Challenge




This little chick-a-de is doing the happy dance!

Now at last I can let everyone in on some great news, my historical nonfiction "RUN! RUN! RUN! The Amazing Story of Elizabeth Zane" was chosen as an honorable mention in a writing contest over at RateYourStory! 



I just love challenges, and this one was extra special because the entries were judged by an excellent group of editor/writers who I admire very much. I know it was no small feat to judge the almost 300 entries. I feel very grateful to the RYS staff and especially to Miranda Paul.


Thanks, Miranda!


Taking chances is the spice of a writers life. Choose to join critique groups, take writing classes, help other writers succeed, and most of all, make friends.


If you are an aspiring writer who needs a critique, the RYS staff is an awesome resource. They offer reasonable rates and even have a free day each month. They also offer different range memberships and/or Speedpasses. Below is a link to check out their site. You WILL be glad you did!


http://rateyourstory.blogspot.com/





Thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by and for the congrats, Genevieve! I love you name, one of my ancestors was named Genevieve.

    ReplyDelete