Friday, October 18, 2013

Oh, Myyy!


Wait. Wait. Wait . . . And without farther ado, the Liebster Award Goes To... Meee!



OH WOW! I take a bow! Grinning like a lucky gal!

 

A very heartfelt thank you to Dani Duck! She nominated me for this fabulous Liebster Blog Award. Now, I’m cheering, clapping, dancing . . . eating lots of coco-puffs!


The beautiful Liebster award is given to blogs with under 200 followers. In accepting this award, I am now obligated to answer 10 questions of Dani's choosing, and then beg 5-10 other people to answer my similarly worded questions.  And now, here are my answers!
 
THE QUESTIONS PLEASE

1. What is your favorite thing about writing or illustrating for children? My favorite thing is imagining myself the main character, and then going on their journey.


2. Who or what inspired you to become a writer or illustrator? My mother, she loved to read, and she read me stories as I sat on her lap.


3. What is one thing that most people don't know about you? I love to clog (dance) at festivals. I’m a lead singer in a bluegrass band, and I play several musical instruments; mandolin, guitar and dog-house base.


4. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? I picture myself in a two-story house, overlooking the ocean.


5. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck would chuck wood? They would chuck all the wood in the land of Oz.


6. What do you do when you aren't writing or illustrating? I’m thinking about writing, creating new characters and sending them forth on long journeys into unknown worlds.


7. Color or Black & White? I prefer black and white photos and colored movies.


8. How long? I’ll write for as long as it takes to fill a book or until I run out of characters.


9. How annoying is it that I tagged you on my blog for this? No annoyance here. I love challenges.


10. Do you have any big events that you are going to or hosting soon? I’m taking the Interact-builder Getting Started Webinar. And want to take Mira Reisberg’s grammar workshop at The Picture Book Academy.

Tip-Toe, oh so slow and . . . TAG YOU’RE IT!


Beth Stillborn: http://www.bethstilborn.com

Rena Traxel: http://renajtraxel.com

Wendy Greenley: http://wendygreenley.com
 
If you accept this award: Link back to the blogger that tagged you. Then nominate 5-10 others and answer the questions of the one who tagged you. Then ask 10 questions for the bloggers you tagged  as well as letting your tagees know of their award. Ready? Then get crackin' :)
·         1.  Who are your favorite published authors?

·         2.  Name three of your favorite picture book titles.

·         3.  Write like a . . . ?

·         4.  If you could write a winning book tomorrow, what genre would it be?

·         5.  What do you do while waiting to write?

·         6.  If you could write like anyone, who would you write like?

·         7.  Hot or cold?

·         8.  Sweet or sour?

·         9.  Your fuel for thought.

·         10.What sparks your creativity?






If you enjoyed this post, please follow me and join my circle of friends! As always, I’m happy to answer any questions you may have. And I love suggestionsJ

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mention! I plan on taking Mira and Miranda's grammar class too! I would love a little cabin or condo over the ocean (some place where I could visit).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rena, Thanks so much for taking the time to comment! I hope you find your condo near the ocean:)

    ReplyDelete