Below are seven essential ingredients that should appear in every picture book. Of course there are other spices to add to the stew, I'll include those in my next post:)
1. Likeable Character with flaws, strengths and weakness.
2. Huge Problem that only they can solve
3.Three Tries to solve problem--which keeps getting worse
4.Three fails to solve problem: the problem escalates
5. Character Arc: Character must change by end
6. Main Character must solve the problem alone
7. The Ah, ha moment/ending: Twist, Surprise, Full Circle